Oh! You look fine!
How many times have you been told that “Oh you look perfectly fine!”
“Yeah? Really?”, you can hear me grunt if you came closer to my face, but you dare not.
On bad days. I bite.
Majority of people would have heard of a Lupus but would be unaware of something called Myasthenia Gravis.
I could not help sharing the meme below.
Describes clearly what it feels when people don’t understand you!
Don’t understand that
- It is difficult to on days to even wear your clothes on your own.
- You can either have a bath or get ready or step out of the house. All three one after the other is an IMPOSSIBLE task.
- I don’t eat slow but I can’t eat! Chewing is difficult. The bread and salad and lentils are stuck in all corners of my mouth and it would be an ugly sight for you if I used my forefinger to remove it all. It is called Dysphagia.
- I can’t step out of the house or office at a minutes notice. I need a couple of hours to be mentally prepared for the task at hand, even if it means going for a movie or catching up on coffee.
- I need the AC on and I need the fan on. My lungs are lazy. They get tired.
- That my day and my personal body battery goes Phuss by 7 in the evening. Your dinner time is my slumber time.
- That I haven’t put on weight because middle age is catching up but its water retention thanks to the heavy duty steroids.
- The hands and feet weigh a ton. So don’t ask me to carry my own handbag. And don’t laugh at my hubby for carrying mine diligently.
Well, people around mean well. One does get the required help and support from family. I have the best set of friends, acquaintances, co-workers and ofcourse my family around, yet there are some not so sensitive people who find it funny when I almost fall off my office chair due to sheer irresistible sleep due to the side effects of medicines.
I could not help putting this up here. This so rightly describes what it feels like. Ha ha!
Until next time then…carry the load…with a smile.